Tonight's options are yours for the choosing! Explore the sights and sounds of Baltimore's Inner Harbor and nearby neighborhoods for dinner, and to see what makes this city "charming." Prefer a relaxing evening closer to home? Enjoy a buffet dinner while listening to the sounds of folk musicians, Ave Vita, at the Hilton Baltimore. Other evening events include a Lithuanian poetry presentation; vendors on display at the Sokiu Svente Artisan Marketplace; and a late-night dance party with the Sokiu Svente DJ!
6:00 – 9:00pm
- Self-guided city exploration of Baltimore’s Inner Harbor and its neighborhoods
- Dine at Šokių Švente’s Hilton South Lobby atrium café overlooking picturesque Camden Yards Stadium. Lithuanian folk music ensemble, Ave Vita, will provide background music during dinner.
- Hilton East Lobby: Šokių Švente Artisan Marketplace
7:30 – 9:15pm
- Hilton Baltimore, Key Ballroom 1: Lithuanian Poetry Presentations
9:30 – 12:00am
- Hilton Ballroom: Dance Party with Sokiu Svente DJ
12:00 – 2:00am
- Hilton Ballroom South Lobby: Late night socializing area
Šokių Švente dinner in Hilton Baltimore South Lobby atrium café includes something for everyone - buffet includes seasonal salads, chicken, fish, vegetables and dessert.
Poetry Presentation includes: The Lithuanian communities of Baltimore and Washington are known for their significant Lithuanian poetic tradition. This evening we explore the history of this literary community as well as present an opportunity to hear from writers outside of Lithuania who write Lithuanian poetry. Authors’ books will be available for purchase. This program will take place in Lithuanian.